Community and Social Services contacts, including AISH and PDD

Health Benefits, Eligible individuals and families with limited incomes can access free health benefits through several government programs.

See locations in Alberta Works and Alberta Supports Centres

Adults who leave income support may continue to receive health benefits through the Alberta Adult Health Benefit.

Children living in low-income families are eligible for premium-free health benefits through the Alberta Child Health Benefit. Parents must apply to receive this health coverage for their children.

Contact Alberta Human Services to find out how we can assist you.

Key services
Alberta Adult Health Benefit
Alberta Supports
Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
Employment services
Family & Community Support Services (FCSS)
Family support for children with disabilities
Family violence prevention
Income Support
Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD)
Community and Social Services
Leads income, employment, disabilities and community-based supports, family violence prevention, and family & community support services.
Alberta Adult Health Benefit
Benefits are available to low-income Albertans through the Adult Health Benefit.

Health Benefits Contact Centre
Phone  780‑427‑6848
Toll free  1‑877‑469‑5437

Alberta Supports
Helping you find and apply for family and social supports.

Call Alberta Supports
Hours of operation 7:30 am to 8 pm, Monday to Friday
Help is available in more than 100 languages.
 1-877-644-9992 toll-free province-wide
 1-800-232-7215 TTY province-wide, ask to speak to Alberta Supports
780-427-9999 TTY Edmonton, ask to speak to Alberta Supports

Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped (AISH)
Financial and health benefits for eligible Albertans with a permanent medical condition that prevents them from earning a living.

Find the nearest Alberta Supports Centre location and contact information. Or call or email Alberta Supports:
Phone  780-644-9992 (Edmonton)
Toll free  1-877-644-9992
Fax 780‑422‑9681

Employment services
Services to help Albertans explore career and training options and search for jobs.

The Employment and Training Services Directory lists programs and services that can help workers find and keep jobs, get training and adapt to a changing labour market.

Call the Alberta Supports Contact Centre
Toll free  1-877-644-9992 (province-wide)
Hours 7:30 am – 8 pm (Monday to Friday)
 Email general inquiries

Family & Community Support Services (FCSS)
Find the nearest FCSS office to see what services may be offered in your area. PDF

Information for municipal participants

Family support for children with disabilities
Family-centred supports and services for children with disabilities and their parents.

For more information contact your local FSCD Office

Family violence prevention
Activities and resources to help prevent family violence and support healthy relationships.

Family Violence Information Line  310-1818 to get help anonymously in more than 170 languages or find other supports.

Community Services and Supports Division  780-422-5916

Income Support
Apply for money to pay for basic expenses like food, clothing and shelter.

Apply online. Fill out the Income Support Application Form PDF, and bring it to your nearest Alberta Supports or Alberta Works Centre.

Persons with Developmental Disabilities (PDD)
Programs and services that help adults with developmental disabilities be part of their communities and live as independently as they can.

Phone  403-297-5011

Source Ministry of Community and Social Services

Also see
Alberta Works financial support publications Alberta Human Services
Health Benefits Card Alberta Human Services
Alberta Child Health Benefit Alberta Human Services
Alberta Adult Health Benefit Alberta Human Services

Mobility Menu

follow us in feedly
Call 403-240-9100