Step By Step Early Intervention Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting, educating and empowering parents of children with developmental delays. Our service model is tailored specifically to the needs of the family – creating an environment where parents support one another and children enjoy active and fulfilling lives.
Step By Step offers a variety of parent directed programming options based on various sources of funding assistance.
- Early Developmental Screening for babies and toddlers who may not be meeting developmental milestones.
- Developmental Aide Program support for young children with developmental delays with funding assistance from the Family Support for Children with Disabilities, FSCD Program, Alberta Human Services.
- Specialized Services Program support for young children with developmental delays, assisted by the FSCD program.
- PUF Program for children with motor or speech delays, who will be 2.5 years by September 1st, to attend a community preschool and families seeking a community based program.
- Common Approach Program for children accessing both FSCD & PUF programs.
Check out parent evening sessions and workshop schedules. Call 587-893-7429 or email.
Step By Step Early Intervention Society
Box 120, Site 4, RR1
Dewinton AB T0L 0X0
The FSCD program uses a family-centred approach to provide Alberta parents with funding to access a range of supports and services that strengthen their ability to promote their child’s healthy growth and development. In addition, FSCD assists with some of the extraordinary costs of raising a child with a disability.